5/1/13

It Doesn't Matter Which Version Of The Bible That You Read .. The Good News Stays With You

Last year I decided to made it my goal to read the entire Bible each year.
Not only to read the entire Bible each year, but to really understand what I'm reading, and to make good use of what I'd learned from reading the Bible in my everyday life.
I started off reading my old King James Version Bible that I'd read and studied for years. I really had a hard time understanding some of the verses. By the time that I was almost finished with the Old Testament, I was pretty flustered.
I wasn't satisfied with the way I was understanding what I had read. 
 
 
 
 
So I went to a Christian book store in my neighborhood and explained my problem to the store's manager. I told her that I not only wanted to read the Bible in a year, but I wanted to understand what I was reading. After a lengthy conversation I purchased a New International Version of the Bible and took it home with me.
Since I wasn't happy about the way that I understood what I had already read in my King James Bible, I decided to start completely over, and read my new NIV Bible from the very beginning.
Wow, the Bible looked new to me. I was finally grasping each and every word.
And I've been reading my new Bible ever since!
But a funny thing happens everytime that I read my new NIV Bible. I seem to always remember the same verses in my old Bible that I read and studied back months ago.
I guess that it Doesn't matter which version of the Bible that you read and study, the "Good News" will always stay with you...

Bible Versions: http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/

Godspell12003

No comments:

Post a Comment